Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Palm Tree (a new discovery), part 5

Have you ever read The Book of Enoch? Genesis 5 tells us Enoch is the man who "walked with God; then was no more, because God took him away." I am currently reading it for the first time in my life. It is filled with fascinating information about cherubim, Satan, the origins of evil spirits, hell, the Temple of YHWH and other biblical subjects. It has more factual details than the books of the Bible and contains conversations Enoch had with angels and with God. I can highly recommend Khanokh, The Sky Tripper, I Enoch, True Names Version, Translated and Interpreted by Jackson H. Snyder II, 2009. (www.JacksonSnyder.org).

Today I learned some more details about the tree of life which is in the paradise of God, but will be transplanted into God's temple following the Great Judgment. To my complete surprise, it is depicted as a date palm tree similar to the photo I posted in my second article back in Sept. 2011. 1 Enoch, chap. 24-25 describe the tree of life as having fruit resembling dates and having blooms that give off a "fragrance beyond all fragrance." The fruit will be for the bacharim  meaning "the elect or chosen ones" who will have access to the Temple of YHWH. The elect will eat fruit from this tree and live forever without any grief, plague, tragedy or pain.

Date palm tree from Dubai
If you scroll down and read my earlier post, Palm Tree, part 2 you see that palm trees were embroidered on the curtains of the wilderness tabernacle along with cherubim and opened flowers. Now I learned today the date palm tree is also found in 1 Enoch and will be what the tree of life looks like in the temple of YHWH during Jesus' millennium reign on earth. That means that God gave Moses instructions to embroider not just any palm tree, but one resembling the tree of life found in the Garden of Eden. So we see the tree of life showing up at the creation, in the wilderness tabernacle and again beside the throne of God in Revelation. Saints who are overcomers in this life will be granted to eat from the tree of life and live forever when once again Eden is restored. In my next post I plan to write about the opened flowers and their symbolism.

"Tree of Life Ministries" is the name of our non-profit organization and twenty years ago we chose to use an oak tree for our logo simply because we had a huge, 100 year old one growing in our backyard in Florida. I took a photo of it and asked an artist to make us a pen and ink drawing we could use on our letterhead and business cards. Hmmm. Guess we never stop learning new things the longer we live. Now we have to pray about changing our logo. Sometimes the traditions of men need changing when they discover the truth!

4 comments:

  1. I did not know that but makes sense given the part of the world the Tree of Life is from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wikipedia said that the date palm tree dates back to 6,000 BC. So it is one of the oldest living varieties of trees on the earth. Another source said it has only been 4,000 yrs. since creation. So somebody's got a date problem. Thanks for reading and your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fascinating! Makes perfect sense - we keep trying to "westernize" Christianity and lose so many truths! We even made the tree of life into something it really wasn't. This interests me because God has given me the name of Healing Tree Ministries and I've always held on to it. I love this study you did! God is deep! Now I love the palms more than ever - I still have not painted those seraphims! I am stalled since getting ill with the bronchitis - its improved, but not my initiative. Again, this was wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What else blows my mind is that I loved that palm tree embroidery kit when I just happened to see it in Michaels 3 years ago. Just coincidence? Hmmm. It hangs on my bedroom wall and is my favorite piece of needlework. Had no idea it was representative of the tree of life in the garden of Paradise or beside the throne of God or the name of our ministry. God is orchestrating our lives even when we're unaware of it. WOW! We serve an incredible Abba Father!

    ReplyDelete